Egg Shaped Bioceramic Orbital Implants
Bioceramic Orbital Implants provide an improved structure for vascularization and integration that is biocompatible, bioinert, nontoxic, and nonallergenic. Bioceramic orbital implants are stable, easily handled and less sticky than other alternatives.
These orbital implants, made of aluminum oxide in spherical or egg-shape, can be inserted easily into the orbital socket and do not cling to surrounding tissue. The improved connectivity that occurs between pores enhances vascularization, and the implants may be easily drilled without crumbling.
Sterile, single use
Main characteristics :
- Indicated for enucleation, evisceration and secondary implantation.
- Made of 99% pure aluminum oxide (A12 O3)
- Material successfully used in orthopaedic and dental fields
- Uniform interconnected pores, 85% of the total volume between 200 and 300 μm
- Porosity range: 200-550 μm
- Strong, non-brittle, lightweight material
- Rapid and complete fibrovascularization
- Easy to handle and insert, less sticky, no velcro effect
- Low tissue reaction and low exposure rate
- Regular surface: less irritation and less inflammation
- Two options: spherical or egg-shaped
- Porous, strong, non-brittle, stable, and light weight