Mesh-Wrapped Bioceramic Implants
Mesh-wrapped bioceramic implants are made of porous, strong, non-brittle biomaterial alumina. These unique structures for vascularization and integration are bioinert, nontoxic, and nonallergenic.
The vicryl mesh wrapping incorporated in this type of orbital implant allows the muscles to be sutured directly to the implant. Furthermore, the extensive pore system of FCI mesh-wrapped implants enhances fibrovascular ingrowth, which prevents the implant from migrating, allows the secure attachment of extraocular muscles, and improves implant motility.
Sterile, single use
Box of 1
Main characteristics :
• For enucleation
• No need for donor sclera or autologous tissue
• Facilitates sphere introduction
• Mesh resorption in 45-60 days
• Material: aluminum Oxide, vicryl mesh, silicone band
• Available in 4 diameters, 16 mm to 22 mm