Spherical Bioceramic Orbital Implants
Spherical Bioceramic Implants provide an improved structure for vascularization and integration that is biocompatible, bioinert, nontoxic, and nonallergenic. The implants are made of strong, non-brittle, lightweight material, are stable, and easily handled.
The implants can be inserted easily into the orbital socket and do not cling to surrounding tissue. The improved connectivity that occurs between pores enhances vascularization, and the implants may be easily drilled without crumbling.
Main characteristics :
• Indicated for enucleation, evisceration and secondary implantation
• Made of 99% pure aluminum oxide (Al2 O3)
• Material successully used in orthopaedic and dental fields
• Porosity range: 200-550 μm
• Uniform interconnected pores, 85% of the total volume between 200 and 300 μm
• Strong, non-brittle, lightweight material
• Rapid and complete fibrovascularization
• Easy to insert: less sticky and no velcro effect
• Low tissue reaction and low exposure rate
• Regular surface: less irritation and less inflammation
• Two options: spherical or egg-shaped