FCI’s PTOSE-UP® is a strip of biomaterial made of expanded PolyTetraFluoroEthylene (ePTFE), fitted with a needle at each extremity. It is used to join the upper eyelid to the frontalis muscle in ptosis surgery with frontalis suspension.
Designed by J.M. Ruban, M.D.
Main characteristics :
• Indicated for the surgical treatment of ptosis requiring brow suspension, where a Levator palpebrae is unusable following a functional deficiency or anatomic destruction
• Excellent eyelid contour
• Biocompatible and biointegratable (70 μm pores)
• high tolerance, non-toxic, non-allergenic material
• No need for autologous tissue
• Needles (58 mm long) with ultra-sharp tips,
attached to the Ptose-up® to facilitate strip insertion
• Strip: 150 mm long & 0.35 mm thick
• Two widths available : 2 mm & 3 mm
AVAILABLE IN CANADA