The Cionni Capsular Tension Ring (CTR) is used to stabilize the capsular bag in cases of damaged or missing zonules. These devices for cataract surgery are specifically designed for scleral fixation with suture (eyelets).
The Cionni CTR, designed by Robert J. Cionni, MD is a modified version of the Morcher® CTR. It is used to stabilize and recenter and capsular bag.
This CTR is indicated for patients with more extreme zonular weakness or missing zonules larger than 4 clock hours.
Additional advantages: it may be sutured to the sclera, and it promotes circular expansion of the capsular bags.
Box of 1
Main characteristics :
• Modified version of Morcher CTR:specifically designed for scleral fixation with suture (eyelets)
• Cionni CTR is used to stabilize and recenter the capsular bag
• Recommended: 9-0 PolypropyleneSuture Non-Absorbable
• Opened and flexible filament of PolyMethylMethAcrylate (PMMA)
• MR-2C may be inserted with Geuder Injector drawn up to 3/4 of the way only